Issues of personal Concern:
Care of aging family member*
Care of community members
Need for educations about specific aging issues*
End of life issues
Gaining wisdom from our elders*
Responsibilities of caregivers
Education and respect for “dementia” situations (public service notices)
Present values of Elder Care – Future values*
*denotes highest-ranked issues
Focus on Value-driven Aging Decisions, Social Justice
How do we reach out?
- Support groups in our communities.
- Variety of transportation opportunities, expand what is currently available.
- Respite care for caregivers, outreach by caregivers to find helpers.
- Influence for Elder Care in all situations.
- Use and expand good models that exist (education).
- Medical home care.
- Education expansion on aging issues.
- How do we get support as caregivers?
Points of personal action
My commitment is to:
- Listen to elders.
- Call 2 legislators.
- Where to turn books.
- Keep at it.
- A positive attitude about living.
- Work with the group you’re in.
- Continue to advocate for others.
- Continue to learn about aging.
- Engage in elder issues.
Next meeting topic: Information for Caregivers.