The Summer Fellowship Internship (SFI) supports students who would like to gain experience interning for nonprofit or public sector organizations. Through a competitive application process, students are selected to engage in the Tacoma community and represent the University of Puget Sound in cultivated internship positions.
- Program Dates: May 23 - July 25, 2022
- A $4,000 fellowship is awarded to Summer Fellowship Internship participants
- Students attend a weekly, two-hour community meeting
- Students intern for 28 hours per week for 10 weeks
- Student connect with alumni speakers from various industries
Low cost, on-campus housing available
- 2.5 Minimum GPA
- Must have Sophomore, Junior, or Senior Standing
- Must be returning to Puget Sound the following year
- 5 essay questions
- Application Deadline: Tuesday, February 15, 11:59 P.M.
Applications are evaluated based on essay responses and financial need.
1. Attend an information session - you can review an informational session here.
2. Research available internships positions and select your top 3 internship sites.
3. Complete the online application by February 15, 11:59 p.m. You will be notified by email if you are selected as one of the finalist.
4. Attend one of the resume and cover letter labs hosted by CES (more information to come).
5. Send final resume and cover letters to email@example.com by Friday, March 4.
6. Interview at internship sites. *Note: Internship sites will select the candidates they wish to interview. Applicants are not guaranteed an interview or internship.
7. Community partners will make offers by Friday, March 11
8. Confirm your placement with the Experiential Learning office by Friday, April 1.