Student Organizations on Campus
- Pre-Health Club: Connect with other students interested in the health professions in this collaborative community-based club! Meetings are held monthly throughout the academic year and are organized by student leaders. To learn more, or get involved, contact the Pre-Health Club President: Maiya Pacleb (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Bioethics Club
- Neuroscience Club: Connect with students on campus who are drawn to the field of neuroscience! Email email@example.com or join the Neuroscience Club Facebook group. The club is also on Instagram at @upsneuro.
- American Medical Women's Association has a chapter on the Puget Sound campus. The AMWA hopes to, as the next generation of female physicians, positively impact both local and wider communities while supporting each other's endeavors in the fields of health and medicine. Joining AMWA has many benefits-including mentoring and leadership opportunities, discounts on MCAT prep, and an annual conference. To join or learn more about the AMWA chapter, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Global Brigades - Public Health
- Visible Spectrum: Connect with your STEM peers! The mission of Visible Spectrum is to provide an inclusive environment for students of color who are in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. Email email@example.com if you have questions or would like to join.
- Student Occupational Therapy Assocation (SOTA). To learn more, or connect with someone from the SOTA leadership team, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Professional Associations for Pre-Health Students
- Association of American Medical Colleges
- American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine
- American Dental Education Association
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- American Nurses Association
- Association of Schools and Colleges of Optometry
- American Association of Colleges of Podiatric Medicine
- Physician Assistant Education Association
- American Occupational Therapy Association
- American Physical Therapy Association
- Explore Health Careers
- Onet Online
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - Careers in Health Care
- Is Pharmacy Right for Me?
Resources for Pre-Med Students
- Student Doctor Network
- MomMD - An online association and community for allopathic (M.D.) and osteopathic (D.O.) women in medicine. Resources, forums, and info for women physicians, residents, medical students and premed students. Professional and educational services, and personal support for women with medical careers.
- AAMC's Database of Pre-Medical Post-Bacc Programs
- General Information about Pre-Medical Post-Bacc Programs
Medical School Applications
Medical News & Ethics
- Journal of Medical Ethics
- Medical Ethics
- National Resident Matching Program - Charting Outcomes in the Match
Financing Health Professional School
- Financing Your Education
- Financial Aid and Paying for Medical School
- Indian Health Service
- Public Health Service
- Air Force
Volunteer Opportunities through Puget Sound
Clinical Experiences Abroad